Labor Day Quiz - Bible Style
As Labor Day weekend begins, I thought it might be fun to take a look at occupations in the Bible. Let's see how well we know what various people did for a living! (Answers appear below.)
- King David started his working life in what occupation? (1 Samuel 16:11-13)
- What was the first occupation mentioned in the Bible? (Genesis 2:15)
- What did Cain, son of Adam and Eve, do for a living? (Genesis 4:2)
- How about his brother, Abel? (Genesis 4:2)
- Job was a wealthy man with land, livestock and a large family. What was his profession? (Job 29:7-25)
- What did Peter and Andrew do for a living before they were called to be disciples? (Matthew 4:18)
- How about Matthew? (Matthew 9:9)
- What profession was Luke generally believed to have been part of? (Colossians 4:14)
- While Joseph was imprisoned in Egypt, he interpreted the dreams of two men. The first was a cupbearer (butler); what was the job of the second? (Genesis Chapter 40)
- What did Paul do before he became a follower of Christ? (Acts 22:4)
- King David's first job was a shepherd.
- The first occupation the Bible mentions is gardener.
- Cain was a farmer.
- Abel kept sheep (flocks).
- Job was a judge.
- Peter and Andrew were fishermen.
- Matthew was a tax collector.
- Luke practiced medicine.
- Joseph interpreted the dreams of a cupbearer and a baker.
- Paul, as Saul, persecuted Christians.
Join the Christian Gift Community
Be the first to know about the latest news, new products, and exclusive specials by subscribing to our free newsletter.